

Yesterday was Eldon's birthday. He's finally 8. He was super excited to get his own set of scriptures and a journal. He's been designing his own cake for a month or so. Usually I hear about it all year long, but about a month ago he drew it out for me and stuck with a design. I added the "Happy Birthday Eldon". He was not happy with me, "because it doesn't leave room for the figures!" We figured it out.

In other news, Erica has started reading books. She's been able to read smaller words for a while, but today she seemed to realize that meant she could open a book and read it to herself if she wanted to. She read "Go, Dog, Go" by P.D. Eastman to Jessica today, only asking for help on 2 words. She started reading "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back", but had a bit more trouble with it. We're really proud of her!


Thursday we had Enrichment. The theme was "All in the Bag". We went through a list of things that could be in our purse, and got a bean if we had it. The person with the most beans won a prize, as did the person with the least, the biggest bag, the smallest bag, the most change, and the strangest item. (I won that one for having a catheter in my purse). I made two purse cakes to go along with the theme. It was a lot of fun.
1 comment:
Man, where were these skills 9 years ago? You didn't need me to make your wedding cake! And I'm not sure I want to know why there was a catheter in your purse...
Glad to see you doing awesome!
Maren
Post a Comment