First, we had a lot family here for Eldon's baptism. 12 of us in the house and lots of fun. That's what prompted the whole NY trip. I'm glad we did it.
NYC



Day 2: Drove to Liberty Park to catch a ferry for Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Saw both. A bit cold, but good times. Perk: Having a daughter in a wheelchair moves you up to the front of all the lines.Day 3: Went swimming with the kids, packed, and drove home.
It was a short trip, but a good one, because now I've been to NY, and I didn't even get mugged or pick-pocketed. ;)
Easter
Saturday morning we had a ward breakfast and Easter egg hunt. Then we colored eggs at home. I tried a new Easter egg dye that was at Aldi's. You paint on the eggs instead of dying them, so you can do more things with it. Good concept, bad reality. One, the paint never really dried, it's *still* very sticky. Two, 3 three kids & 1 paint pallet. That's all I'm saying. But they had fun and liked the new way of painting. They were so sticky that we decided to hide the plastic Easter eggs rather than risk getting sticky goo all over our house.
I made the girls some skirts for Easter. I got the inspiration from ChristyNelson.net and the directions from Kuky Ideas. Friday night, while Erica was sleeping, I tried hers on and decided it was too short, so I had to add another layer. I don't like the four layers, but it had to be done. When I tried them on Sunday morning, Jessie's about fell off her itsy bitsy hips. So we got out the safety pins, and they worked fine.
Dinner was the traditional ham (although it was actually leftover from when the family was visiting), potatoes, corn, breadsticks, and Easter bunny blueberry pie. What, you don't have Easter bunny blueberry pie for Easter? Neither do we, usually, but it sounded good and it was De.Lish.Us!My favorite Easter thing: Eldon took me aside as I was going to the store and said, "Mom, since you and Dad are the Easter Bunny, maybe while you're at the store you can get some candy to put in the plastic Easter eggs we got at the ward Easter egg hunt." Thanks, Eldon. It's a good thing you're here to help out your completely incompetent parents.
2 comments:
I saw those pics on your facebook page and meant to comment there. Those skirts are adorable! I can't believe how big Erica is now.
I'm impressed you took all the kids to NYC. I love that you get to move up in the lines with a wheelchair. I remember waiting in long lines the last time I went to NYC, not fun. I'm still laughing over Elton's comment about the Easter bunny. Kids are funny.
Post a Comment