Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday is a special day, it's the day....

...that we get up before 6 AM! Why, why, why do my children always arise so early on the non-school days! James had to be at work at 7:00, so he started taking care of Jess and Erica. I was grateful that he was letting me sleep in, but when Zachary cried at 6:06, he was all mine. Great.

This morning we saw two foxes in our backyard. Eldon claimed before that he had seen one, but it was hard to believe. But sure enough, I happened to look out the window when two were walking through. We live in the middle of a residential area, no real woods or anything, so I was surprised to see them. I wish I had gotten a picture of them, but there wasn't enough time. But I did get the kids to the window in time to see them. I was surprised at how small they were. At first I thought it was a cat wandering through our yard.

Another random happening, today at snack, Erica dropped her cake onto the floor while sitting at the table. Then on the way to the table, Jessie dropped hers. Then on the way to the table, Eldon dropped his popcorn.

We're still trying to potty train Jessica. Very smart girl, doesn't care a lick about being potty trained. It's not going well. She can do it, she just doesn't want to. How do you deal with that? If I knew, I could potty train her, eh? Well, we're sticking with it this time. She is 3-1/2 after all.

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Just stick with it! She will get tired of resisting soon:) You just have to be more stubborn than she is, Ha!

Kathleen Mangum said...

Well Kristi - that makes me feel better about my 2 3/4 girl not being potty trained yet. But, it's true, at least that's what everyone tells me - it'll happen when they are are ready - and don't worry if you get some pee on the floor. Yuck, I say. My favorite so far is to let her run outside w/o any panties and a dress and go in the lawn. Again, Yuck!! I'm not cut out for this. I'm readying this book, Potty Training in One Day about having a Potty Party. SOunds like a lot of work but these people swear by it. Hopefully I'll get around to trying it soon. xoxo Good Luck!!!