The time has come! After 6-1/2 weeks, Erica is ready to leave. When we started rehab, we had 3 goals: eating, sitting, and crawling. She did well enough on her swallow study, that she's able to eat soft, chopped food and thickened liquids. And she's enjoying eating, especially all the ice cream she gets!
She can sit in a chair very well, and can also propel herself around in her wheelchair.
She can't, however, crawl yet. But we decided that it wasn't enough to stay here any longer. We're going to take a week off, then back to therapy we go, but as an outpatient this time. The doctors and nurses here at CCMC have been so wonderful! We're going to miss them, but it will be GREAT to be home!
Thank you so much for all your thoughts, cards, help, and prayers.
Erica says, "I am getting better every time I say a word and I love that I am going home too!"
5 comments:
WOOHOO!!!! soo happy for you. enjoy you're week off.
Wow! 6 1/2 weeks is a long time. I'm glad your going home. I hope everything goes well at home.
I'm so glad your home. I remember those days to well. Since Brittney's treatment was in Boston, we could not leave, ever! When Bailey and Ryan would come for a visit there was a hotel connected to the hospital for families. They loved it. Neil would take them to Fenway and around Boston. So it was a party for them......... It's still hard for me to go into Boston as much as I love that place.
I know I've been on the down-low and haven't done one dang thing for your family except pray for all of you! Please know that I will do anything. I'm great at calling a pizza in. You say when, and it will be delivered! HIGS! T
BAAAHAAAAAAAAA! I meant HUGS! Oh, you can have a HIG is you want!
Wow! I had no idea about everything- I had to read back quite a ways. I am so glad that she is improving. The story made me cry, but I am so glad she is doing better. You have had quite the eventful past few months. Wow! Tell your family, especially Erica, hi from all of us!
Post a Comment