Eldon wanted to be Han Solo for Halloween this year. Great! Easy costume. A few searches on Google, and away we go. First cut out a vest-like pattern out of newspaper. We went through several renditions of this before we got a good fit.
Second, find some black fabric in the remnant pile at JoAnn's. Like $2. Sweet. Cut out the pattern. Sew together.
Cut open the neck to give it a fly 70's collar. Sweet. Although -- funny story here. Eldon put it on, and I laughed for joy and how cool it looked because of the butterfly collar. Eldon through a tantrum and threatened to tear up the costume if I didn't cut off the collar. I found out later that he thought I was laughing at him because he looked goofy. I did end up sewing up the sides so it wasn't quite so fly.Dye the shirt a dirty brown using tea (thanks, Tracy!). This picture so looks like marinating chicken breasts.
Take fuzzy picture of kid wearing awesome costume. We even parted his hair in the middle and feathered it back. Sweet!




3 comments:
That's awesome. He should come trick-or-treating with my clone trooper and little toddling Yoda.
That costume is AWESOME!
Great idea!
Post a Comment