Sunday, December 13, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things....

The kids had half days this week, so on Wednesday, to beat the boredom, I decided to get a head start on the Christmas cookies by making a different kind of cookie every day. So we made:
  • Cookie dough truffle balls
  • Peanut butter cookies, which we haven't had in FOREVER because of Jessie's peanut allergy
  • Sugar cookies (although I'm thinking the kids might have gotten more icing on them)
  • Magic cookie bars (ok, I don't like them, but James LOVES them)
  • Homemade Oreo cookies
Notice the cool tins I got from JoAnn's for 60% off! These containers are FULL of cookies and treats!





And I bought these stackable cooling racks. So very cool. James even thought they were cool.



Snow day!


Jess and Erica built a little snowman they named Zachary Ned Frosty. I think the sticks we found for his arms were awesome.





1 comment:

Eunice said...

A lady at school brought these in one day and they are so, so good. She took a 20 oz. package of Oreos, crushed then up very fine, mixed in a 8 oz.. pkg. of cream cheese, chilled and then rolled into balls. Chilled the balls, then dipped in melted chocolate. They were so yummy! I'll always remember you house as having all these yummy things to eat at Christmas time. :) Love, Mom