Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer update

Long time, no write. Because we have done NOTHING this summer. No trips to the pool, beaches, or museums. We did make it to the movies once and to the playground once, but that's it. My kids have done their chores, played together, and played the Wii a lot. Did I mention that it's hard to be pregnant during the summer?


We did buy bunk beds for the girls. We bought them unstained and James modified them a bit and stained them. They turned out beautiful. Unfortunately, we don't have a beautiful still camera, so the picture's not all that great. We looked for a camera once, but that's been about it. Did I mention that we've done NOTHING this summer?

Since the girls had the bunk beds, the toddler bed went to Zachary, in preparation for the baby. He got right in it, no problem. Then he got right back out of it, no problem. He's finally starting to stay in it, although he does usually get out once or twice a night. He zoomed right up the bunk bed ladder, too, which made me nervous. He did ok, but Jessie pushed him out of the top bunk one day (it's amazing the falls that kid survives), so the ladder came off. We keep it on the top bunk and then put it down at night for Jess to get up.


Speaking of doing nothing, I guess I did do something. I made a baby blanket, and if we have a girl, I'll keep it. :) I started on it while watching the Olympics, then finished it this summer while Erica was in therapy - about 3 hours every week.


A friend of mine told me about a corner-to-corner blanket, and I wanted to try it. You start at one corner with one square, then add on two squares, so it looks like stairs. Keep going until you reach the middle, then decrease in the squares until you get back down to one. I really liked doing it. I like the diagonal stripes. Also, when you go diagonally, about the time you get tired of doing it, you start decreasing so it doesn't take as long and you feel like you're making fast progress.

The kids have chores they have to do everyday, one of which is cleaning their rooms. One day, instead of picking up the toys, Jessie decided to dump everything out, including 3 of her drawers.


She's on day 2 of getting it all cleaned up. This picture was taken after she had picked up some of the things already. I haven't yet figured out what motivates her to get work done. She mostly sits there and does nothing. Oh well, she'll get it done eventually, right? We shall see.

And that's all that's happening for now. We're anxiously awaiting the baby, hoping and praying that it will wait 1 more week for reinforcements to come, but I'm not sure I'm going to last that long. Again, we shall see!

No comments: