Our kitchen is starting to come together. This is our old counter. It used to have laminate behind it as well.

And this is our old floor. James is currently making a new cabinet for the dishwasher. He built a quick one with 2x4s when we moved in 6 years ago.
Everything got moved out of the cabinets and into boxes, which were moved into my office.
The appliances came out of the kitchen. I didn't get a shot of all the cabinets in here as well. With all the chaos, I stayed downstairs all day and watched movie after movie with the kids. They loved it! I got a bit bored, and can't get the SuperWhy theme song out of my head.
Some friends and the boy scouts showed up to help in the morning. About 11 people were working, including James and Eldon. 11 people hammering nails makes quite a bit of noise!
And this is the new floor. You can also see that we painted the walls brown (they used to be white) and the chair rail, which was a dark wood.I took a lot more pictures, but the battery on my camera was close to dead, so apparently it didn't save many of the pictures I took. Baseboards still need to be put up, the cabinet finished, and the countertop put on, and then we should be done!



1 comment:
I looks good, I think we are going to put something very similar in:)
Post a Comment