So, here it is:

I must say that it was the fabric that inspired me. I wish I'd had more of it so that I could have a picture of each state. But I didn't, so there.
I started at 8:00 one night when the kids got to bed. I was going to see how long it took me to put together, but Erica kept getting out of bed, so it took longer than it should have. But I finished by 10:00, so it still didn't take too long.
First, I got some cardstock, cut it in quarters, and hot-glued some fabric around 2 pieces.
Then I cut the green cardstock (that came in the package) a bit smaller and hot-glued it on the backside of the fabric card I had just made.
Then I made the title plaque.
Poked holes for the brads.
Then came the rubber bands. In all my contemplating I couldn't figure out what to do with the rubber bands. After staring at it for a while, it hit me. I cut the rubber bands, then glued them around the title plaque. No one said the rubber bands had to be used like a rubber band.
I tried hot-glueing them, but they wouldn't stay in place, and the glue dried too fast to place them well. And my fingers got burned. And the glue oozed out the edges. So I peeled off the rubber bands and all the hot glue and tried a glue stick. I put generous amounts of glue on the fabric and on the rubber band. To my amazement, it worked.
I quartered some paper and punched holes at the top.
Then I threaded the embroidery thread through the covers and put it all together.
Ta Da!
So, now that you're so impressed, go and vote for me at http://christynelson.net/challenge.php! Or even if you're not impressed, go and vote for me! Tell your friends to vote for me. Tell strangers on the street to vote for me. Put fliers in local businesses. Whatever it takes. :)
1 comment:
I voted! Hey I am going to a conference in Houston next month and Christy Nelson is going to be there too. I don't know her personally we are just on the same google group for the conference. How do you know her?
Post a Comment