Wednesday 5/27:
Not a whole lot to report today. I wasn't at the hospital much today, so I haven't even been able to talk to the doctors. But Erica was alert during the day and was able to communicate. She was happy to have her teachers come to visit her, and her room is decorated with cards that her friends at school made her. And Grandma is here now to help take care of everybody!
Thursday 5/28:
Erica has done pretty well today. She worked with OT and PT this morning, which wiped her out for the rest of the day. She's been sleeping all afternoon. Her CT scan looks great. She has surgery tentatively scheduled for Monday. She did have a fever this morning, and they're still not sure why she keeps getting fevers. They turned off the breathing machine so she could breathe on her own. She is breathing, but shallowly. The machine had to kick in a few times, so they turned it back on for the night. All in all a good day.
On another note, I was diagnosed with chicken pox for the third time in my life. Crazy, eh? Luckily, it's small and on my leg, so it's well covered, so the doctors are OK with me staying with Erica in the PICU. And again, luckily, I'm not with Jessica and Zachary, since they haven't been immunized yet (apparently that's when you're 4). Of course, I was with them after I had the rash and before I was diagnosed, so we'll have to watch closely, but again, since it's a small rash, they should be ok. The doctor said that after you get the chicken pox the virus stays in your system, and if you have something that compromises your immune system, like a cold, the flu, or STRESS, it can overcome your immune system and reappear. Um, there might have been a bit of stress around here. Just maybe.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry. Sounds like you have a touch of the shingles. I hope they have put you on medication. It will make you and the rash feel soooo much better.
Praying for all of you!
Wow! You guys have had quite the couple of weeks! (It's been forever since I've read blogs.) I'm glad she's doing better!
Post a Comment