I am thankful for a husband that is calm in a crisis. Today, just as we were taking the turkey out of the oven, we heard Jessie scream, "Dad! Dad!" Since James was busy with the turkey, I went to see what the matter was. The toilet was flowing over abundantly. So I did what anyone else would do. I screamed, "James! James!" He came running, threw some towels at me and said, "Don't let it get on the carpet." Oh yeah, that would be a good idea. Then he ran into the bathroom and shut off the water valve. Oh yeah, another good idea. Then he told me to start picking things up off the floor. Oh yeah, that's a good idea. So he kept his head and nothing was ruined at all. Not even the turkey. The stuffing didn't get fluffed in time, but I think we survived that.
I'm also thankful that my husband can cook. He spent a great deal of time making dinner for today. Turkey, rolls, cranberry sauce, and potatoes.
I, however, made the pies: lemon meringue, chocolate, and blueberry. I am thankful for yummy pies.
Yesterday was my last cake decorating class. One of my friends' had a birthday today, so I made the cake for her. Here are the results. You can call my secretary to set up an order. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment