I absolutely LOVE cheesecake! I've loved it for as long as I can remember. My mom always made cherry cheese pie for Thanksgiving. And then one fateful day we were having a meal for my brother-in-law's farewell (before he was my brother-in-law, of course). I ordered a slice of New York style cheesecake. My mom warned me that it wasn't like her cheesecake, that it was drier, but one bite and I was in love. Droo-ool, droo-ool.So, now I experiment when I can with different cheesecake recipes that I find. My dear husband got me four 4" springform pans, so I can experiment with cheesecakes on a small scale. Droo-ool, droo-ool. He's so sweet, but that poor man is happy with out-of-the-box Jello cheesecakes. Not drool.
Last night there was a relief society dinner at my house. The main course was lasagna. When I asked James what dessert went with lasagna, we both looked at each other and said, "Cheesecake!" I haven't made one for a while (thanks to the low-fat diet I'm supposed to be on), so I was excited to make one. After thinking it over, I decided on Caramel Brownie Cheesecake. It is de-lish-ous! The recipe is on my recipe blog. Droo-ool, droo-ool!
P.S. I did make the recipe reduced fat by using reduced fat cream cheese, sour cream, brownies, and vanilla wafers. It's still not lowfat, but it turned out pretty good using the reduced fat ingredients.
1 comment:
I like New York style cheesecake now better than I do Cherry Cheese Pie. Sometime if you're desperate and no time to make one, SAM'S Cheesecake Factory brand cheesecake is out of this world!! We'll have to have one at Christmas to welcome the new baby in - a real "birth"day cake. :)
Post a Comment