Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3, testing

We took Jessica in for an "egg challenge" yesterday.  It sounds more exciting than it really is.  They fed her an egg and we waited two hours to see if she had a reaction.  And the verdict is...no more egg allergy.  Hurray!  Next up, the peanut challenge!

And lucky me, today I get to go in for my pregnancy glucose test.  That means downing 10oz of nasty, thick, syrupy, carbonated orange drink in only a few minutes, and then living with the sugar rush for an hour until they stick a needle in me and take my blood away from me.  Oh joy.

And more pregnancy woes -- Monday I knelt down on one knee and Jess sat on it so I could put her shoes on.  When I stood back up, my knee protested.  So I get to limp around everywhere.  Then yesterday, while going down the ramp to put Erica on the bus, I slipped (frosty ramp) and landed *hard* on my backside.  That made walking even more of a challenge.  But good news, I didn't let go of the wheelchair and hurt Erica in the process.  James has now been commanded to put grip strips on the ramp.  Soon!  But all's well that ends well, eh?

No comments: