We went to the temple in Boston this weekend. Apparently, it's a bad idea to go anywhere on a three-day weekend. We were supposed to leave about 3:00, but James had to cover for someone, so he didn't get home until after 4:00. Still ok, it takes about an hour and a half to get up there. For those unacquainted with our situation, when we go to the temple, we get a hotel for the night. One of us goes that night, and the other goes the next morning, so that we can better take care of Erica. We usually eat dinner at the hotel (it has a small kitchen) and there is a hot breakfast provided, then we eat lunch at a restaurant. The kids love it, even though they never leave the hotel, because they get to sit and watch TV all morning, which they *never* get to do. And there are 2-3 TVs, so they can all watch what they want.So, back to our story...
We hit traffic somewhere in Mass., (no, I don't know how to spell it), and it was stop and go until we hit the Cape Cod exit. Then traffic lightened up. Then it slowed down again. All told, it took us until 7:00 to get to our hotel, which is twice as long as it usually takes. The kids are cranky and *starving*! Unlike usual, I didn't bring any snacks for the car because I thought, "They wouldn't be snacking at home, why should they snack in the car right before dinner?" And of course, they're tired. So we pull up to the hotel, James goes to check us in and comes right back at. Right hotel chain, wrong hotel! It's the hotel we usually stay at because it's cheaper, but I had forgotten that it had been booked, so I had reserved a room in another hotel of that chain, which we had passed 30 minutes ago! ARGH! Luckily, traffic's flowing fine in the south direction, so we hit the other hotel quickly and get some dinner. It's nearly 8:00 by this time (the last session of the Boston temple starts at 8:00), so James won't make it to the session, especially considering that he'd be fighting the traffic we already fought on the way up.
But all's well that ends well. We both were able to go today and just get home later than we had planned. It made for a busy, tiring day. But, the definite upshot was that, while we were putting the kids to bed, I noticed how clean the living room was, because no one had played in it all day long. :) So now it's time for some R&R, and be glad that we were able to make our journey safely.
1 comment:
I didn't know you had a blog, we have gotten stuck in that traffic too. Thanks for watching A. last week, I had so much fun:)
Post a Comment